Subject Line: We Missed you last night
I am so sorry you weren’t able to make it to the Hadassah program about the Heart. I know you come from a distance and figured you might be arriving late. Please let me know you’re okay.
Thanks and Shanah Tovah to you and your family,
P.S. Mazal tov on…..
With permission to share, anonymously, the response that broke my heart:
“I didn’t think anyone would miss me…had a long day and was tired. Now that I know you miss me if I’m not there, I’ll make an effort to make it. Yes, I plan to go to the dinner (brunch). Will make sure I sign up. Looking forward to meeting new people.
Hadassah members do care about each other! If all Hadassah cared about was raising money for Hadassah Hospital in Israel, then I have to admit, it wouldn’t hold my enthusiastic and continuous commitment as an Annual Giver. I might become a Life Member and feel I’m done. However, I know Hadassah’s founder, Henrietta Szold, understood that each Hadassah member matters and needs to feel valued. Only then, will she want to continue giving from her heart, to the stranger and those unknown patients who benefit from research and care.
Please plan to attend the Annual Giving Brunch. Each member of Hadassah matters to us.
Looking forward to seeing you in the New Year,
Ettie Davis, President, Seattle Hadassah
Dear Community Leaders and Elected Representatives,
Thank you all, so much, for coming together with the Jewish Federation and other organizations at this morning’s press conference. Your dedication to combating antisemitism and your presence this morning are meaningful examples of leadership in our community.
Please see here a link to the press release on our website. We welcome you to share as you like.
Thank you again,
Director of Government Affairs & Community Relations
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle
|Do you like to knit, crochet, needlepoint, embroider/crewel, cross-stitch or bead on a Jewish theme or Jewish object? Join a new hand-sewing group, meeting monthly on Sundays, Eastside or Seattle. It is amazing how bonded and connected you get with people you sit and stitch with on a regular basis. Interested? Questions? Contact Laureen|
Recap of Thrive: Be the CEO of your Health
Welcome Members New to Our Seattle Chapter
- Rebekah Nathan Burdick
- Jean Ross
Mazel Tov to
- Donna Blankinship on having her article, “Active Security”, published in Hadassah Magazine Sept/Oct Issue.
- Corinne and Zach Stroum on the birth of their daughter, Esther Talia Stroum, on August 13, 2019.
We Mourn the Passing of
- Leah Kitz, daughter of Marion Kitz and granddaughter of Paula Stern.
- Stanley Adler, father of Michael Adler and father-in-law of Michelle Goldberg.
- Sandra Moore, wife of Gregory Moore and sister of Valerie Epstein and Debbie Davis.
- Diane “Didi” Liebowitz, wife of John Liebowitz.
- Ronald Shapiro, brother of Shelly Shapiro.
- Alan Raphael, father of Stephanie Levine.
- Gary Becker, husband of Ruth Becker, father of Michael and David Becker and father-in-law of Susan Becker and Sara Becker.
Tributes to Hadassah can be made online here.
Do you have news of family events to share with us? We are happy to include announcements about weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthdays, births, and passings in the Membership News section of our monthly newsletter. Please send notices to Seattle@hadassah.org.
Want to receive our newsletter in your email box? Sign up here