Beyond donating to Hadassah Hospitals, I’m wondering how I can respond to the violence in Israel? what more can I do? To start with, I turned to our Hadassah National website and learned that Hadassah is spearheading a campaign, endorsed by more than a dozen pro-Israel organizations, to work on education against antisemitism.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of Palestinian children are taught in schools run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East, or UNRWA. Unfortunately, researchers have determined that despite promises to the contrary, students in UNRWA schools are learning from a curricula approved by the Palestinian Authority which encourages violence, rejects peace, and demonizes both Israel and the Jewish people. Keep up the fight against antisemitism! Urge Congress to use its voice to spark reforms that will protect children from classrooms that teach hatred while focusing on promoting peace and tolerance.
Contact your legislators to sign a bipartisan letter, urging UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to protect children from dangerous lessons of hatred that only perpetuate the hate into the next generation. Thank you for joining me in letting your legislators know you care. Click below:
Speak Up To Protect Children From Classrooms Teaching Hatred & Antisemitism.
Making a difference with Hadassah,
“Summertime an’ the Cookin’ Is Easy”
Tuesday, July 13, at 6:00 pm
Jamie Feit is a registered dietitian who teaches busy moms how to prepare healthy food that their families will enjoy, without spending hours in the kitchen. With a Masters Degree in clinical nutrition from New York University, Jamie’s been helping her patients meet their nutrition goals for over 20 years.
Hadassah Nurses Council Event
Wednesday, June 16, 5pm
You’re invited to Virtual Cocktails with the Nurses Council and Updates from Israel. Nurse Talk with Dianne Gottlieb.
Welcome New Members:
- Welcome to our new Life Member, Laureen Light
Get Well Soon:
- Refuah Shlema to Sandy Samuel.
Mazel Tov to:
- Congratulations to Rochelle and Levis Kochin on the engagement of their grandson Elijah Kochin to Ellie Neustein.
We Mourn the Passing of:
- We mourn the passing of Rita Robbins, mother of Gail Lazar.
- We mourn the passing of Gerald Brown, father of Pamela Lavitt.
- We mourn the passing of Alan Stone, husband of Bonnie Stone and father of Nancy Lichter, Mark Stone and Eric Stone.
- We mourn the passing of Richard Eller, husband of Roberta Eller, and father of Suzanna Eller and Michelle Koch.